Embedded systems safety engineer
3sK are seeking an ambitious embedded systems safety engineer to support us with development and delivery of high quality products and services. You will be involved with multiple projects and often be customer facing.
The work will be varied, suiting an individual with a broad range of experiences and competencies and an ambition to continually learn and develop. Typically, activities may include:
- designing embedded systems, deriving requirements, architecting solutions
- conducting detailed safety analyses, such as required for the development of safety critical embedded systems and software
- defining and deploying processes into our customers teams and companies which support them in developing complex safety critical systems
- reviewing work products (designs, analyses, plans etc) of customers and feedback recommendations and concerns
- innovating and developing our own technologies
- managing small projects
We cover the automotive and rail domains, and expanding into systems engineering for automation of manufacturing, distribution and warehousing. Some of our customers have global operations, therefore there may be opportunities to travel.
Who are 3SK?
3S Knowledge is a successful and ambitious company, having customers and partners around the world. We have a new office at the Innovation centre at Warwick Technology Park.
Our values are based around innovation, lean thinking, engineering excellence, quality and safety. We aim to deliver exceptional support and work products to our customers at great value. We achieve this through smart efficient methods and creative thinking.
We are also innovating and developing our own technologies which aim to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles.
We want to continually improve everything we do, to work smarter, and provide industry leading services at great value.
Our offer to you and contribution to 3sK
3sK is a vibrant company with modern approaches. We have open and honest communication, everyone can approach anyone. We value diverse opinions and seek constructive discussions to challenge the way we work and bring about continuous improvements.
Flexibility in working time, days and locations is valued, to the mutual benefit both you and 3sK.
You will be rewarded with a bonus for your contribution to the growth and success of 3sK. Bonuses can form a significant increase to your base salary. Salary is dependent on experience, circa £40k.
You will have a contributory pension scheme and a base holiday allowance of 26 days. Working time flexibility enables additional days to be accumulated.
The bottom line: If you make a great contribution to 3sK you will be rewarded. You will want to work for 3sK. We will want you to work at 3sK. Win-win.
We see individuals who have:
- a degree in engineering or science
- flexible thinkers
- at least 3 years industry or industry related experience
- a positive ambitious attitude
- flexibility in working hours / location
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- focus to deliver, on time, to quality
- willing and open to diverse views and opinions, and respectful of others views and opinions – excellent general IT capabilities
- organised and self-motivated
Ideally, but not essential, you have experience and competence of:
- Functional safety, ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508
- SysML and/or UML
- Process models such as Automotive SPICE®
- Analyses techniques such as FMEA, Fault Tree, P-Diagrams
- Domain knowledge of automotive electric vehicles and high voltage batteries