Experienced Embedded Systems and Safety Engineer
3SK are seeking an ambitious embedded systems safety engineer to support us with development and delivery of high-quality products and services. You will be involved with multiple projects and often be customer facing.
The work will be interesting, challenging, and varied, suiting an individual with a broad range of experiences and competencies and an ambition to continually learn and develop. Typically, activities may include:
- designing complex embedded systems, deriving requirements, architecting solutions
- conducting detailed safety analyses, such as required for the development of safety critical embedded systems and software
- defining and deploying lean processes into our customers teams and companies which support them in developing complex safety critical systems
- reviewing work products (designs, analyses, plans, etc) of customers and feedback recommendations and concerns
- innovating and developing our own technologies
- managing small projects
We cover the automotive, off-highway, and aviation domains, and expanding into other domains.
Some of our customers have global operations, therefore there may be opportunities to travel.
Who are 3SK?
3S Knowledge is a successful and ambitious company with our Global HQ in Warwick, UK, and a division in Bengaluru, India. Our customer base is world-wide.
Our vision is to be the global leader in the application of Systems and Safety Engineering for the development of complex technology, which enhances our planets environment and the wellbeing of its inhabitants.
Our values are based around innovation, lean thinking, engineering excellence, quality, and safety. We aim to deliver exceptional support and work products to our customers at great value. We achieve this through smart efficient methods and creative thinking.
We are also innovating and developing our own technologies which aim to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles.
Our offer to you and contribution to 3SK
3SK is a vibrant company with modern approaches. We have open and honest communication; everyone can approach anyone. We value diverse opinions and seek constructive discussions to challenge the way we work and bring about continuous improvements.
Flexibility in working time, days and locations is valued, to the mutual benefit both you and 3SK.
We offer competitive salary and potentially significant bonuses, based upon for your contribution to the growth and success of 3SK. You will have a contributory pension scheme and a base holiday allowance of 26 days.
3SK will invest in your professional development and we expect you to take your ongoing professional development seriously. We aspire to the best.
This vacancy is for our Bengaluru operation based in India.
The bottom line: If you make a great contribution to 3SK you will be rewarded. You will want to work for 3SK. We will want you to work at 3SK. Win-win.
We seek individuals who have:
- a degree in engineering or science
- at least 8 years industry or industry related experience
- flexible and logical thinkers
- a positive ambitious attitude
- flexibility in working hours / location
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- focus to deliver, on time, to quality
- willing and open to diverse views and opinions, and respectful of others views and opinions
- excellent general IT capabilities
- organised and self-motivated
Ideally, but not essential, you have experience and competence of:
- Functional safety (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ISO 19014)
- Safety of the Intended Function (ISO 21448)
- SysML and/or UML
- Process models such as Automotive SPICE®
- Analyses techniques such as FMEA, Fault Tree, P-Diagrams
- Domain knowledge of electric vehicles, high-voltage battery management systems, 2 & 3-wheeler electric vehicles, off-highway vehicles
- Chartered engineer, or other professional recognition