Graduate Embedded Systems and Safety Engineer (UK/India)
3SK are seeking a talented and polite individual who has the drive and ambition to develop into a highly experienced and professionally recognised systems safety engineer.
We are expecting that you have been awarded a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics, science, engineering, or similar subject.
In return for your ambition and contribution to 3SK, we will support your journey to become an expert in systems and safety engineering for complex embedded technology, such as that of electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, and electric aircraft.
We will provide training and mentoring, and you will learn hands-on whilst working within a small team to develop complex technology. You will be working primarily at our UK office in Warwick, with opportunities to travel to our customers and our India office.
You will be expected to deliver, this is not going to be an easy ride, but you will be supported throughout.
Your tasks include:
- designing complex embedded systems, deriving requirements, architecting solutions (for example, control systems for electric machines, high-voltage battery systems, autonomous vehicle control systems)
- modelling the systems, both their design (using Systems Modelling Language) and their behaviour (using Matlab/Simulink)
- systematically analysing these systems to identify potential failures and designing solutions to prevent and/or mitigate these failures so that we assure safety
- creating and presenting reports (internally and to customers)
- conducting some light-weight project management activities
- attending events, conferences, meetings, and presenting at these events
The work will be interesting, challenging, and varied, suiting an individual with a desire to gain a breadth of knowledge and a deep understanding of complex systems.
We are not offering visa sponsorship for this vacancy.
Who are 3SK?
3S Knowledge is a successful and ambitious company with our Global HQ in Warwick, UK, and a division in Bangalore, India. Our customer base is world-wide. Our vision is to be the global leader in the application of Systems and Safety Engineering for the development of complex technology, which enhances our planets environment and the wellbeing of its inhabitants.
Our values are based around innovation, lean thinking, engineering excellence, quality, and safety. We aim to deliver exceptional support and work products to our customers at great value. We achieve this through smart efficient methods and creative thinking.
We are also innovating and developing our own technologies which aim to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles.
Our offer to you and contribution to 3SK
3SK is a vibrant company with modern approaches. We have open and honest communication; everyone can approach anyone. We value diverse opinions and seek constructive discussions to challenge the way we work and bring about continuous improvements.
Flexibility in working time, days and locations is valued, to the mutual benefit both you and 3SK.
We offer competitive salary and potentially significant bonuses, based upon for your contribution to the growth and success of 3SK. You will have a contributory pension scheme and a base holiday allowance of 26 days.
3SK will invest in your professional development and we expect you to take your ongoing professional development seriously. We aspire to the best.
The bottom line: If you make a great contribution to 3SK you will be rewarded. You will want to work for 3SK. We will want you to work at 3SK. Win-win.
We seek individuals who have:
- a degree in engineering or science
- flexible and logical thinkers
- a positive ambitious attitude
- flexibility in working hours / location
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- focus to deliver, on time, to quality
- willing and open to diverse views and opinions, and respectful of others views and opinions
- excellent general IT capabilities
- organised and self-motivated
Ideally, but not essential, you have experience and competence of:
- Electric vehicles, high-voltage battery management systems, 2 & 3-wheeler electric vehicles, off-highway vehicles