A company specialising in highly automated warehouse distribution had purchased a model based systems engineering (MBSE) tool. They had an idea of what they wanted to achieve, but not the technical expertise to realise this vision. They had spent many months trying to set up an architecture framework and deploy the MBSE tool within the system design team. They requested 3SK to help them understand the needs for their architecture framework and train the senior systems engineers in using the tool.
After several short discussions we came to a consensus with the Client that on the job training and consultancy would be the best approach to tackle this particular problem. We agreed a single point of contact for the customer, and they worked with our systems engineering experts to scope out the problem and agree a suitable plan of action. 3SK then visited the Client’s site for a number of days to provide the necessary training and consultancy, we then extended this to offsite support for several months to ensure a managed transition of capability to the Client.
- Knowledge transfer to Client team
- Rapid turnaround of usable architecture framework
- Adequate and efficient use of existing tools
- Clear and easy to understand documentation
- Client now has inhouse capability for future expansion of architecture framework
- Cross-industry learning was used to drive innovation
- Long lasting Client relationship