The right process at the right time
Keeping up to date with the latest industry standards and processes can be time consuming. 3sK offers a unique service that incorporates the essence of ISO 26262, ISO 15288 and Automotive SPICE® into a simplified approach that your business can adapt with ease. 3sK can assess your existing process against these standards or provide you with bespoke frameworks to ensure you start off on the path to success. We are also able to support you in defining and deploying process improvement.
We understand that teams require lean, agile and usable processes which conform to the relevant standards. There is little or no value in defining and deploying complex processes with the aspiration of achieving compliance with standards if they don’t balance the needs of your business. 3sK have qualified and experienced specialists in engineering process, who are equally knowledgeable with practical engineering development, enabling us to stand apart from the usual auditors and engineering service providers.
3sK can support you within the following activities:
Assessments and Audits
- Informative process assessments with gaps, strengths and recommendations to robustly start your Automotive SPICE® journey
- Pre-assessments for confirmation of readiness prior to formal assessment
- Formal assessments with support of our INTACS certified partners
- Informative assessment of your System Engineering process
- Identification of strengths, gaps and opportunities
- Audit of Functional Safety development processes in line with ISO 26262
- Informative process assessments with gaps, strengths and recommendations
- Download SPICE Conference – PRM PAM for Calibration – Final 2
- Download CALIBRATION SPICE PAM 1.1
- Identification of process improvement opportunities
- Prioritisation of process improvements
- Kanban approach in development and deployment of process improvements
- Use of Kaizen (organised use of team knowledge) to identify and improve process
- Process Value Stream Mapping, removal of process waste
- Process Modelling (Business Process Modelling Notation BPMN 2.0.2)
- Recommendation and support in deployment of Model Based System Engineering
- Support in defining Systems Engineering development frameworks compliant with ISO 15288 and Automotive SPICE®
- Consultancy for implementation
Automotive SPICE® defines process assessment as “a disciplined evaluation of an organizational unit’s processes against a process assessment model”, whereas ISO 26262 defines assessment as “examination of a characteristic of an item or element” (i.e. assessment evaluates whether functional safety achieved by the item).
ISO 26262 defines audit as “examination of an implemented process”. The Swedish Standards Institute have published a Process Assessment Model, based on Automotive SPICE® and extended to cover ISO 26262. Terms are mixed within this standard between Assessment and Audit. 3sK correspondingly can support with assessments and / or audits, whatever you view on terminology! Herein, we refer to these as assessments.